So today in English people were talking about homeschooling and how homeschooled kids have that stereotype of being socially awkward and super naive, and in my head I was thinking “lol I’ve never been homeschooled a day in my life and I’m still socially awkward…” Also people said they might miss high school experiences, so I made a checklist in my head-
- Football games- been there, done that. You’re not missing much, homeschoolers. I’ve been to two so far. I don’t get football, it was cold, and one of those times a huge rock fell on my friend’s foot.
- School dances- haven’t been to one yet, but I hear the music is crappy. Also, I have no friends to go with. I don’t even know if I want to go to prom.
- Parties- I’m not good with groups of people, and I don’t know groups of people because I am groupless. I only know individual people, not whole groups. And I can’t drive even if I was ever invited to one, and it’s not like I want my parents to drive me to that. Besides, I’m carless too. And anyway, homeschooled people could get invited to parties. So this is kind of irrelevant.
- School spirit- I have none. Our school colors are green and “gold” aka mustard yellow. Ew ew ew ew ew. No one has those colors naturally in their wardrobe. And our mascot is a mustang, which is just a fancy way of saying horse.
So don’t worry about these things. I’m not going to.
- Here, by Alessia Cara. excuse me if i seem a little unimpressed with this/ an antisocial pessimist but usually I don’t mess with this. Fav song at the moment, I totally relate. Sometimes I wonder if people think I’m antisocial because I’m quiet.
- Sum of Our Parts, by Mary Lambert. We are, we are more than our scars/ We are, we are more than the sum of our parts. Song from Faking It’s prom episode (the season just ended this week and I can’t wait until the next one-cliffhangers ahhhh). I immediately loved it.
- Hanging On, by Ellie Goulding. Love her voice, it’s really light and airy. She’s coming to my city soon, but I’ve never been to a concert like ever, even though I really want to, because I have no one to go with me.
Not your average high school student, apparently.
~the short awkward one